WELCOME TO Christuraj Province Palai ...
Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
The congregation of the Sisters of the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament had its origin in the personal experience of the Eucharistic presence of Venerable Mar Thomas Kurialacherry ( 1873 - 1925 ) an ardent devotee of the Holy Eucharist. The inner call received by him was that the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament must be known, loved and adored by all, always and ever where. He pursued this inspiration with courage, stability, and absolute trust and founded the Adoration Congregation in 1908. Mother Mary Chantal [Philomina Vallayil of Champakulam, (1880-1972)] was the co-foundress and first member of the congregation. The S. A. B. S. had its humble beginnings with five members i n a cowshed on 29 January, 1908 at Edathua. After a few days they shifted to a boathouse near St. George Church, Edathua. When they completed on e year of probation, they were given the veil by the founder on 8 December, 1908. The first convent building was constructed at Champakulam and on 17 October, 1910 the aspirants moved to the new building which eventually became the Mother house of the congregation . It was providential that Fr. Thomas Kurialacherry became the Vicar Apostolic of Changanacherry in 1911. After his consecration as bishop on 10 December, 1911 the five aspirants were vested with the religious habit. The first members made their religious profession at St. Mary’s Church, Parel, Changanacherry on 18 March, 1916.
True to the special charism of the founder , the congregation extended its field of apostolate to all the then existing Syro-Malabar dioceses in Kerala as independent units of the congregation under the Bishops concerned. They were unified under one Superior General on 15 September, 1963. The congregation was raised to the Pontifical status by His Holiness Pope Paul VI on 11 February, 1968. Enthused by the spirit of the congregation to make the Eucharistic Lord known, loved and adored by all, the sisters extended their services to the states outside Kerala. It was in 1965 that they took up this challenge. The steady progress of the congregation made it possible to establish 4 Regions in 1986 in various parts of the country under the Provinces of Kerala. In 1998, five Vice Provinces were inaugurated in different parts of India. Now the SABS render their services in almost all the states in India through their various apostolates in Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Kenya, Tanzania, Nepal, and the U.S.A. At present, the congregation has nearly 5000 sisters in 19 Provinces and 4 Regions. The general curia of the congregation operates from Cenacle, Aluva. A house of prayer is attached to this house, providing facilities to those members who wish to lead a life of prayer in solitude for a limited period .
Charism and Apostolate
The charism of the S.A.B.S. is Eucharistic devotion. It was the desire of the founder to instil this devotion in every member of the congregation as well as in others, so that all would become adorers of God in spirit and truth. We are to pour out the divine mercy that we experience before the Blessed Sacrament to all whom we meet in the various fields of apostolate. Prime importance is given to Eucharistic apostolate. Each day every SABS spends at least an hour before the Blessed Sacrament praying for the salvation of souls, and in reparation for the sins of the world. The whole congregation as a single unit conducts continuous adoration, day and night, covering the whole year. The congregation has perpetual adoration chapels in various centres in Kerala and in different parts of India. This enables us to share the Eucharistic love with our brethren and thus draw all to the table of the Eucharistic Lord. Besides Eucharistic Apostolate, the SABS extend their services in the fields of Education, Healing, Social welfare and Missionary activities according to the needs of the time and place
General Administration ...
Provincial Administration ...
Eucharistic Apostolate, Planning)